The global dermal fillers market is on an upward trajectory, with a market size of USD 5.1 billion recorded in 2021 and a projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.1% during the forecast period. Dermal fillers have become increasingly popular for aesthetic and rejuvenating improvements, offering immediate benefits with less invasiveness compared to traditional surgeries.
The Rise of Dermal Fillers
Advancements in aesthetic treatments and the desire for a youthful appearance have fueled the surge in dermal filler usage. These versatile treatments encompass a range of techniques, including injections for plumping lips and addressing facial lines. Increased internet accessibility has empowered consumers to research and explore various dermal filler options, driving online sales. The influence of social media, product comparisons, and the anti-aging trend further contribute to market expansion.
Innovation Driving Market Growth
Manufacturers are heavily investing in research and development (R&D) to introduce innovative technologies in cosmetics. These efforts have led to the development of high-quality fillers that are easier to use and enhance patient satisfaction. Cross-linked hyaluronic acid from non-animal sources has been proven safe and effective as a dermal filler. Moreover, companies like Bohus Biotech are introducing novel formulations, such as spherification technology, which enhance stability and longevity, reducing the need for frequent procedures.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the dermal fillers market, with a 40% decline in 2020 compared to 2019. Lockdowns led to the closure of many cosmetic facilities and clinics, resulting in a decrease in cosmetic procedures.
- Rise of Less Invasive Methods: Minimally invasive procedures, including dermal fillers, are gaining popularity over traditional surgical options. These procedures offer quick recovery, fewer risks, and are in high demand for skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, and rejuvenation.
- Growing Geriatric Population: With an aging population seeking to maintain a youthful appearance, the demand for dermal filler treatments is increasing, especially in regions with longer life expectancies.
- High Cost: The cost of dermal filler procedures can be a barrier, and the price varies based on the type and quantity of filler used, as well as the practitioners experience.
- Lack of Skilled Professionals: The rapid technological advancements in the field have resulted in a shortage of qualified specialists, hindering the markets growth.
- End-User: Multispecialty hospitals lead the market, driven by increasing patient demand for dermal filler treatments. Dermatology clinics are expected to grow rapidly due to a rise in patient demand for specialist dermatologist services.
- Application: Facial line correction is the dominant application, with a focus on addressing facial volume loss and dynamic lines.
- North America: North America is expected to remain a significant market, with high disposable incomes, supportive healthcare regulations, and a growing demand for non-surgical procedures.
- Asia-Pacific: APAC is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR due to a rising geriatric population and increasing per capita income.
- MEA: The Middle East and Africa region may experience slower growth due to limited awareness and access to facilities, but untapped market potential and product launches in select Middle Eastern nations could drive expansion.
Prominent players in the global dermal fillers market include AbbVie, Inc., Galderma, Merz Pharma, Suneva Medical, BIOXIS pharmaceuticals, Huadong Medicine Co., Ltd, Bioplus Co., Ltd., Teoxane Laboratories, Bioha Laboratories, and Prollenium Medical Technologies.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/dermal-fillers-market
Visit Our Blogs:
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Feature Georgia Heralds was involved in the writing and production of this article.